Liquid Soap & Some Studio Details...

I have been experimenting lately with liquid soap… and really enjoying myself!

The first liquid soap was a hand (or body) soap, scented with orange and grapefruit essential oils and it leaves my hands nice and soft, though it doesn’t get the same suds I love in my bar soaps.
First liquid soap

The one on the left has Essential Oils, the one on the right doesn't. I am sure I will learn all about the right moment to add the Essential Oils to keep cloudiness down.

The second one was a shampoo.  Not bad!  It has crazy suds and as I wanted a herbal scent reminiscent of this area… I added Rosemary, Lavender and Spearmint (plants which all grow wild here) essential oils.  Although liquid, it performs much the same as my solid shampoo bars.  Difficult to get a brush through my hair, better with the vinegar rinse but lovely when my hair dries.  Great on my scalp too!  When I make another shampoo, I think I may decrease cleansing a little and increase conditioning…
Shampoo

They are both really LIQUID though.  What was I expecting?  A nice thick gel?  It will probably take a lot more experimenting before getting the exact consistency and performance that I want.
For now, experimenting will be mostly coming to a halt until after the summer.  I am moving into the high season when this area is full of tourists.  I am doing the night markets again this year so will be busy at the markets 7 nights a week, then producing during the mornings!
Some shelves that the carpenter made for the shop! We were going to paint them white, but the natural wood is so nice that we are not sure now...


I have really been enjoying contracting local talent to make things for the studio and shop. It would be so easy and quick to just get the place entirely kitted out at IKEA... but it wouldn't feel the same.  I love hand-made and I want to support local artisans.

A bowl made by the same ceramisit who made the studio sign. He is also making some original soap dishes and shaving mugs for me...

A stained-glass candle dish made by a wonderful local stained-glass artisan.


One of her mirrors as well.  She is making another mirror for me, bigger and in different shades of green, to go above the bathroom sink here at the studio.  Yes that's me taking the shot!!  I kind of liked this self portrait...

Hope you are all well, enjoying beautiful summer weather and happily soaping!!!
Xo
Jen

Post a Comment

0 Comments