In Love with Barcelona

 What a wonderful trip it has been!
  
a great soap shop I stumbled across


After growing up in a city, I became more and more attracted to smaller towns when I backpacked around Europe for a year in 1990, before university.
 

But this past week, I have fallen head over heals in love with Barcelona. What a city.

eclectic, colourful, lively, architectural contrast, melding of old and new, liberal, fairy-talesque, amazing food, helpful people, accepting, artistic, innovative…

Some of my favourite balconies & doors




I went crazy with my new camera.

The architectural and artistic wonders of Gaudi






colourful characters 



 
a mask maker at work in her studio


Vibrant shops and storefronts



another soap shop and candles





street art














Mum, Aurora and I



No doubt I will return to this marvelous city that captured my heart…
 
We went on from there to Salou¸ a coastal town with on of Spain’s largest theme parks – Portaventura.  I ended up on a lot more roller coasters than I imagined I would go on and we had a wonderful day with tons of laughter.  Cheers to Mum’s patience, my daughter’s impatience and spontaneity and an unforgettable adventure together.
Now back to soaping and setting up the studio!!!
Xoxo
Jen

Post a Comment

0 Comments